Silicone Rubber Self Fusing Electrical Tape
365°F / 180°C Continuous Exposure: Higher Intermittent
FlameShieldä rectangular (Type I) and triangular (Type II) profile silicone rubber self-fusing compression tapes meeting various OEM manufacturer's and A-A-59163, Mil-I-46852 or Mil-I-22444 specification are used for a variety of critical electrical wiring and cable splicing and protection jobs. Especially suited for aviation and marine environments, as well as outdoor weathering environments.
The tape has no adhesive, but sticks to itself (self-fuses or self amalgamating) when stretched and wrapped onto itself. The tapes starts curing within minutes, and after several hours cannot be unwound or removed without using a sharp knife or blade. This tape makes a waterproof, weatherproof and air tight protection.
This tape is available in oxide-red and black colors - other colors are custom run. The triangular tape has a guideline stripe in the center which aids in achieving a 50% spiral wrap. Triangular levelwrap tapes provide a smooth surface on spiral wrapping, preventing the tape wrap area from snagging when pulling a wire or cable through a bundle or over objects or openings.
FlameShieldä tapes meeting A-A-59163, Mil-I-46852 and Mil-I-22444 provide superior electrical insulation with a minimum of 300 volts per mil (.001") of tape thickness at 365°F / 180°C. A 20mil tape therefore provides 6000 volts per wrap of insulation value. This tape is also used to wrap hydraulic connections and to make vibration resistant bumpers and spacers for wiring, cable, hose, pipes and lines. This tape is used to wrap and hold insulation in place on hot air ducts.
Type I Rectangular profile Type II Triangular profile (with guideline)
- MIL-I-46852 Tapes
- AA-59163 Tapes
- MIL-I-22444 Tapes
- NSN / NATO Stock Number Tapes
- DMS 2186 McDonnel Douglas - Boeing Tapes
- Garmin 249-00114-00 Tapes
- Amphenol Connector Backshell Clamp Isolation Busing Tape
- General Dynamics P5384 Tape
- General Electric A50A493 & 3003M70 Tape
- General Electric A50E112 & EMS2074 Tape
- Lockheed-Martin 5-00857 & 5-00615 Tape
- Lockheed-Martin 6084744 Tape
- Lockheed-Martin P5189 Tape
- Rockwell International ST0130RB0078 Tape
- FAR 25.853 Appendix F Tape
- TYT200-1 ColeFlex Cole-Pak "No Heat" Tape
- MOX 600 R & MOX 600 T Tape
- Nimikkeistokeskus NCB Finland 10134254 Tape
- 4529670544 Markel 5970-00-955-9976 Equivalent Tape
- A6900W Eaton Weatherhead Equivalent Tape
- Seal-Tite P29950 / P28566 / P40630 / P36728 Equivalent Tape
- RL6000SA / RL6000SB Stretchtape Kirkhill TA Esterline Equivalent Tape
- Simrit Freudenberg NOK MIL-I-46852 AA-59163 Equivalent Tape
- Simrit Freudenberg NOK MIL-I-22444 Equivalent Tape
- L-3 Communications 40014362 Tape
- Locomotive Electric Traction Motor Coil Insulation & Connector Junction Tape