Rope: High Temperature, Heat & Flame Resistant
High Temperature Rope: Silicone Rubber Coated Fiberglass (glassfibre)
500°F / 260°C continuous rating with weld splatter / molten metal splash protection
· Silicone rubber coated fiberglass rope and fabric products are used by companies and manufacturers worldwide to protect critical hydraulic hoses, lines, wiring and cables from heat, flame, molten metal splash, slag, welding splatter grinding sparks, contamination, ozone, UV and abrasion. Fabricated from a thick braided heavy-duty fiberglass sleeve plus the added protection of a thick layer of high-temperature silicone rubber.
Very High Temperature Rope: Fiberglass
1000°F / 537°C continuous rating, high insulation value & excellent personnel protection
· Very high temperature fiberglass (glassfibre) rope is mostly used as a seal on oven and kiln doors, residential fireplace doors and other high temperature gasketing applications and as a packing for industrial valves and pumps.
Very High Temperature Rope: Vermiculite Coated Fiberglass (Glassfibre)
1500°F / 815°C continuous rating, high insulation value and excellent personnel protection
· Very High Temperature fiberglass base fabric is impregnated with vermiculite dispersant, resulting in a product with higher continuous temperature capability and added abrasion resistance.
Extreme High-Temperature Rope: Silica
Silica protection products with 2300°F / 1260°C continuous rating
· Generally, Silica high-temperature products can be used to 2000°F / 1093°C continuously, and 2300°F / 1260°C for extended periods without degradation. It melts above 3000°F / 1648°C.
· Silica ropes; available as a knitted rope, twisted rope and square braided rope.
Extreme +Plus High-Temperature Ceramic Rope
Ceramic protection products with 2300°F / 1260°C continuous rating
· Made from a combination of SiO2 and AL2O3 fibers.
· Same applications and uses as the Silica materials, but rated to higher continuous exposure.
· An excellent replacement for asbestos materials.
· Melts above 3000°F / 1648°C.
Stainless Steel Mesh Rope
Makes a gasket with excellent compression push-back. Stainless and Inconel Steel.
· Metal mesh rope can be used as the filler in tadpole bulbs.
High-Temperature Rope: PTFE Coated
Fiberglass based materials with PTFE offers high temperature resistance and exceptional chemical resistance
· 550°F / 287°C continuous use in harsh chemical environments.
Very High-Temperature Rope: Graphite Coated
1000°F / 537°C continuous rating, Graphite offer s a no-stick surface for molten materials, along with extreme lubrication and electrical conductivity.
· Available as a sleeve and rope
Very High Temperature Square Dry Packing
Fiberglass and Silica Square rope; available with Vermiculite, PTFE and Graphite coatings
· Square Dry Packing is used as a seal, such as on pumps. The square profile of the packing provides a larger contact area than what a round rope would provide.
Materials that resist catching fire, burn slowly, or retard burning can be described as either "incombustible", "non-flammable", "non-combustible", "fire-resistant" or "fire-retardant". "Self-extinguishing" materials cease burning once the flame or heat source is removed. "Fireproof" is understood to mean that an object cannot burn, but few materials are truly fireproof.
Most of our products fall within one or more of the above descriptions: they resist high temperature, flame, fire, molten metal splash and weld splatter very well but may melt with prolonged exposures past their designed maximum continuous operating temperature. They can also provide OSHA, ANSI-FM & NFPA compliance and personnel protection.
Using our products to retain heat or cold within pipes, hoses, enclosures or equipment helps conserve energy and resources, and reduces operating costs.
AB Technology Group: Keeping Our World Cooler ä. All products are non-asbestos and 100% asbestos free